Monday, May 25, 2009

An Event For The Ages

I am honestly speechless. No words can describe how happy I was on Saturday. Just know that I wandered around the Anchorage Convention Center in a trance-like state of euphoria, donning a constant grin and wondering if I'll ever be able to grow a real mustache. My whole body was warm with the enveloping joy you often feel as a child, but rarely as an adult.

The World Beard and Mustache Championships was a complete success for me. Part fashion show, part facial hair competition, it consisted of everything from lengthy mustaches to jaw-dropping beards. My concept of facial hair has been completely ripped apart and rebuilt into what now stands as the Pantheon of Face Hair. Inside are the Gods that I was lucky enough to witness:

Jack Passion's Natural Full Beard 'Big Red' - it was the real deal after much promotion by the LA Times


A Seattle man who styled his 'freestyle' mustache after a spoon and fork


Gunter Rosin's glorious Hungarian/Wild West mustache


And, my personal favorite, the full bodied, ear-high Imperial Partial Beard of the German, Karl-Heinz Hille



Click Here For More Pictures

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't even know what to DO with all this extra joy, looking at these pictures...